Join us onsite on Sunday mornings at 9am or 11am. Pre-register below as space is limited.
The online service premieres at 9am on Sunday mornings on Facebook on Youtube.
Updated July 28, 2020
Dear Gateway family,
It has been several months since the province announced that it is permitting places of worship to meet at 30% capacity. Since our priority is the safety of our church family and community, we delayed our re-opening to Sunday, June 28. We have been meeting every week since, with two services at 9 and 11 am.
Recently Haldimand County entered Stage 3 of the provincial plan and has passed a face covering bylaw. This is updated information about our re-opening based on these events.
1. Maximum Numbers: We interpret the provincial limitation to mean that a maximum of 115 people, including volunteers, will be allowed in the building at a time. However, we continue to set our capacity at 50 people for each service, plus staff and volunteers. (**Seating capacity is now 80 people for each service as of September 15, 2020)
We ask everyone to pre-register for the service that you will attend so that you will be confident that there will be a seat available when you arrive. Registration details are available on our website each week. When you register you will be asked to affirm that you are well and that you have not had contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 or travelled outside the country in the past 14 days.
If your preferred service is full, we ask that you choose a different service or join us online. We have heard some questions about how we will receive those who show up without registering. Please be assured that our staff and volunteers will manage this challenge with as much grace and gentleness as possible.
2. Online Services: Our services will continue to be available on Facebook and YouTube, premiering at 9:00 am each Sunday morning. We will continue to provide Gateway Kids ministry online each week.
3. Personal Safety: We will be excited to welcome you back into the building. However, we want to ensure that everyone is as safe as possible and that they feel safe.
- Consequently, we urge you to stay at home if you are not well, if you are in a vulnerable category, if you have been recently exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with the virus or if you do not feel comfortable attending public gatherings at this time.
We want our Gateway family to know that we have assured our staff and volunteers that no one should feel any obligation, for any reason, to attend services onsite.
4. Best Practices: When you arrive, in addition to a warm “socially distanced” welcome, we:
• Request that our gathering be as “touchless” as possible: there be no handshakes, hugs or other physical contact with people outside your household group.
• Ask that you keep your household group together and that you maintain at least 2 meters between each group. (You may need to stand in line outside for a few minutes so that we can seat people safely.)
• Request that you come a few moments early so that we can check you in, as it is important that we know who is in the building.
• Open the doors for you as you arrive and seat you on the side of the auditorium that you choose as you enter. Congregants will be encouraged to use the available hand sanitizer.
• Require that congregants wear a face covering as they enter and exit the building in keeping with the recently adopted Haldimand bylaw regarding face coverings. We ask that you bring your own face covering, however, one will be made available for you if you do not have one with you. Exemptions are made for those with a qualifying medical condition and children under the age of 10. Since you will be seated at least 6 feet away from those in other households, face coverings may be removed while at your seat during the service.
• Help you be seated from front to back so that we can use our seating most efficiently and to reduce the need for you to step past people who are already seated.
• Use every second row and request that four seats be left empty between each household group sharing the same row.
• Ask that you bring your own coffee and Bible and that you read our newsletters online.
• Lead musical worship by video and not yet in person. In keeping with Ministry of Health guidelines, we ask that you not sing.
• Request that you remain in your seat during the service and use the washrooms only if necessary. If you anticipate that you may need the washroom, or if you have children with you, please sit on the right side of the auditorium for easier access. An adult should accompany children to the washroom. Hallway washroom doors will be open and we ask that only people from the same household use a washroom at a time. Washrooms will be professionally cleaned throughout the morning.
• Surfaces that may be touched will be regularly and professionally sanitized.
• Empty the auditorium from the back to the front. You will be asked to leave the building directly and to maintain physical distancing from other household groups as you leave. To ensure a smooth flow of congregants entering and exiting the building, we request that such gatherings before and after our services would only take place on the grass.
5. Gateway Kids: Parents please note that, while children are very welcome to attend our services with their parents, there will be no in-person kids programs provided during this interim period. Online kids ministries will remain and we encourage you to continue leading your children in spiritual growth. If you choose to attend with children, we ask you to please keep your children with you at all times.
6. Giving to the Lord: In addition to online giving, e-transfers and preauthorized giving, our Gateway family will be able to bring an offering to weekend services. Instead of passing the offering bags, you will be able to place your offering in the box provided near the entrance as you arrive or leave.
In this season of our church life, we ask you to please extend grace to others and pray that our church leadership will have wisdom as we continue to navigate unknown territory. May Romans 12:12 be our guide:
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
If you have questions, or suggestions, please let me know. In the meantime, let’s meet onsite or online!
Onsite Sunday services at 9am and 11am
Online premieres will now begin at 9am.
Small groups are where you can begin to grow in relationships, life, and faith.
Investing in others and having them invest in you is not only impactful, but is
faith-building and can be life-changing! This is a great opportunity for prayer, Bible study, and support over Zoom!